Thankfully, the Black Plague is long gone, but the new, equally powerful Black Fever will likely spread just as fast; there is no way to listen and not be infected by Jordan Bratton’s unique, feathery style. Nobody knows you better than you, which is why Jordan’s own sparkling, ambient production is the optimal fit for his milky, soothing vocals. The subtle chimes and flickering effects in the boardwork, combined with the subtle “pop” in Bratton’s subdued style, are sure to cause temperatures to rise—especially if you put this cut on your late night playlist (wink, wink). The only cure for Black Fever is more Jordan, which you’ll be able to find on his Grey Area project, due out this later this fall. If you need more tunes to tide you over, we suggest September’s Midnight Rage.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Grey" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.