Thankfully, the Black Plague is long gone, but the new, equally powerful Black Fever will likely spread just as fast; there is no way to listen and not be infected by Jordan Bratton’s unique, feathery style. Nobody knows you better than you, which is why Jordan’s own sparkling, ambient production is the optimal fit for his milky, soothing vocals. The subtle chimes and flickering effects in the boardwork, combined with the subtle “pop” in Bratton’s subdued style, are sure to cause temperatures to rise—especially if you put this cut on your late night playlist (wink, wink). The only cure for Black Fever is more Jordan, which you’ll be able to find on his Grey Area project, due out this later this fall. If you need more tunes to tide you over, we suggest September’s Midnight Rage.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Grey" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.