On last week’s Wayniac Monday release, Kenan and Kale, Jonwayne demonstrated his ability to annihilate rivals on the mic. Words aren’t his only means of self-defense, though; as we learn on the follow-up, World Championship Karate Champion, he’s equally adept with his fists and feet. As usual, the West Coast buzzmaker showcases his skills on both sides of the mixing boards, slicing and dicing a bluesy guitar riff to accompany his own tightly-wound verses, as well as the guest vocals of Quelle Chris and Zeroh. Like what you’re hearing? You know the drill; tune in next Monday for another dope entry in the Stones Throw signee’s ongoing series.
Written by richard on 08/25/14
Submit your Rating
Stones Throw Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.