While some Boothgoers appreciated the creativity Jonwayne brought to his debut DJBooth feature, Echoes, overall the record seemed to leave our readers a little bit cold. To help us acquire a taste for his unconventional style, the Stones Throw signee’s back with a Wayniac Monday release slightly less outré than its predecessor. Nostradamus features witty bars that actually rhyme, a change which renders the grimy, self-produced cut considerably more accessible than the aforementioned jam. If Jonwayne’s won you over with his latest effort, you should keep your browsers locked for further highlights in the artist’s online series, as well as anything else he might have coming down the pike.
Written by richard on 08/11/14
Submit your Rating
Stones Throw Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.