While some Boothgoers appreciated the creativity Jonwayne brought to his debut DJBooth feature, Echoes, overall the record seemed to leave our readers a little bit cold. To help us acquire a taste for his unconventional style, the Stones Throw signee’s back with a Wayniac Monday release slightly less outré than its predecessor. Nostradamus features witty bars that actually rhyme, a change which renders the grimy, self-produced cut considerably more accessible than the aforementioned jam. If Jonwayne’s won you over with his latest effort, you should keep your browsers locked for further highlights in the artist’s online series, as well as anything else he might have coming down the pike.
Written by richard on 08/11/14
Submit your Rating
Stones Throw Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.