The last entry in Jonwayne‘s ongoing digital series took its name from Nostradamus, a 16th Century French seer whose prophecies are cited (by the extremely gullible) to this day. This Wayniac Monday, the Stones Throw rapper/producer looks to a more recent cultural touchstone for inspiration. Over a his own dissonant organ riffs and sluggish boom-bap rhythm section, Wayne taunts would-be foes: “You want serious beef? You eatin’ Kenan and Kale.” Fellow West Coast repper Scoop Deville contributes a pop-referential closing 16. Feeling it? Then tune in next week, same bat time, same bat channel, for another freshly-minted loosie from Jonwayne.
Written by richard on 08/18/14
Submit your Rating
Stones Throw Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)