The last entry in Jonwayne‘s ongoing digital series took its name from Nostradamus, a 16th Century French seer whose prophecies are cited (by the extremely gullible) to this day. This Wayniac Monday, the Stones Throw rapper/producer looks to a more recent cultural touchstone for inspiration. Over a his own dissonant organ riffs and sluggish boom-bap rhythm section, Wayne taunts would-be foes: “You want serious beef? You eatin’ Kenan and Kale.” Fellow West Coast repper Scoop Deville contributes a pop-referential closing 16. Feeling it? Then tune in next week, same bat time, same bat channel, for another freshly-minted loosie from Jonwayne.
Written by richard on 08/18/14
Submit your Rating
Stones Throw Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.