The last entry in Jonwayne‘s ongoing digital series took its name from Nostradamus, a 16th Century French seer whose prophecies are cited (by the extremely gullible) to this day. This Wayniac Monday, the Stones Throw rapper/producer looks to a more recent cultural touchstone for inspiration. Over a his own dissonant organ riffs and sluggish boom-bap rhythm section, Wayne taunts would-be foes: “You want serious beef? You eatin’ Kenan and Kale.” Fellow West Coast repper Scoop Deville contributes a pop-referential closing 16. Feeling it? Then tune in next week, same bat time, same bat channel, for another freshly-minted loosie from Jonwayne.
Written by richard on 08/18/14
Submit your Rating
Stones Throw Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.