The last entry in Jonwayne‘s ongoing digital series took its name from Nostradamus, a 16th Century French seer whose prophecies are cited (by the extremely gullible) to this day. This Wayniac Monday, the Stones Throw rapper/producer looks to a more recent cultural touchstone for inspiration. Over a his own dissonant organ riffs and sluggish boom-bap rhythm section, Wayne taunts would-be foes: “You want serious beef? You eatin’ Kenan and Kale.” Fellow West Coast repper Scoop Deville contributes a pop-referential closing 16. Feeling it? Then tune in next week, same bat time, same bat channel, for another freshly-minted loosie from Jonwayne.
Written by richard on 08/18/14
Submit your Rating
Stones Throw Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “Chicago vs. Everybody?”
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.