The last entry in Jonwayne‘s ongoing digital series took its name from Nostradamus, a 16th Century French seer whose prophecies are cited (by the extremely gullible) to this day. This Wayniac Monday, the Stones Throw rapper/producer looks to a more recent cultural touchstone for inspiration. Over a his own dissonant organ riffs and sluggish boom-bap rhythm section, Wayne taunts would-be foes: “You want serious beef? You eatin’ Kenan and Kale.” Fellow West Coast repper Scoop Deville contributes a pop-referential closing 16. Feeling it? Then tune in next week, same bat time, same bat channel, for another freshly-minted loosie from Jonwayne.
Written by richard on 08/18/14
Submit your Rating
Stones Throw Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.