A rising emcee and producer signed to Stones Throw, Jonwayne introduces his eccentric brand of hip-hop to our pages with Echoes, the third and latest entry in his Wayniac Monday series. The Cali native’s own production, centered around a pretty, yet ominous vocal sample, accompany him as he spits vividly about the experience of aging. His lyrics eschew end-of-line rhymes entirely, but listeners will undoubtedly appreciate the alliteration, assonance and unusual imagery he brings to his bars: “I’m so sick of my skin it feels as if my soon-to-be-dust has my third eye in chains.” Intrigued? Then keep it locked for the latest from Jonwayne, including future Wayniac Monday standouts.
Written by richard on 08/5/14
Submit your Rating
Stones Throw Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.