A rising emcee and producer signed to Stones Throw, Jonwayne introduces his eccentric brand of hip-hop to our pages with Echoes, the third and latest entry in his Wayniac Monday series. The Cali native’s own production, centered around a pretty, yet ominous vocal sample, accompany him as he spits vividly about the experience of aging. His lyrics eschew end-of-line rhymes entirely, but listeners will undoubtedly appreciate the alliteration, assonance and unusual imagery he brings to his bars: “I’m so sick of my skin it feels as if my soon-to-be-dust has my third eye in chains.” Intrigued? Then keep it locked for the latest from Jonwayne, including future Wayniac Monday standouts.
Written by richard on 08/5/14
Submit your Rating
Stones Throw Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.