A rising emcee and producer signed to Stones Throw, Jonwayne introduces his eccentric brand of hip-hop to our pages with Echoes, the third and latest entry in his Wayniac Monday series. The Cali native’s own production, centered around a pretty, yet ominous vocal sample, accompany him as he spits vividly about the experience of aging. His lyrics eschew end-of-line rhymes entirely, but listeners will undoubtedly appreciate the alliteration, assonance and unusual imagery he brings to his bars: “I’m so sick of my skin it feels as if my soon-to-be-dust has my third eye in chains.” Intrigued? Then keep it locked for the latest from Jonwayne, including future Wayniac Monday standouts.
Written by richard on 08/5/14
Submit your Rating
Stones Throw Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.