Jonny Craig, a Sacramento native, was probably relieved to find out his hometown was able to keep their beloved basketball team, the Kings. He might even want to consider trying out, because his latest feature, The Lives We Live, is an MJ-from-the free-throw-line, Deandre Jordan-over-Brandon Knight sized slam dunk. For his first solo feature (he previously guested on Kyle Lucas’ The Party and The Dream) Craig selects an intense, synth-driven instrumental by Booth fave producer Captain Midnite. Atop the beat, Johnny gives a fiery, goosebump-inducing performance driven by his impassioned vocals; think The Weeknd on steroids. While this effort will be a part of something larger, the mystery project is currently untitled and unscheduled.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/22/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Party and the Dream" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.