Jonny Craig, a Sacramento native, was probably relieved to find out his hometown was able to keep their beloved basketball team, the Kings. He might even want to consider trying out, because his latest feature, The Lives We Live, is an MJ-from-the free-throw-line, Deandre Jordan-over-Brandon Knight sized slam dunk. For his first solo feature (he previously guested on Kyle Lucas’ The Party and The Dream) Craig selects an intense, synth-driven instrumental by Booth fave producer Captain Midnite. Atop the beat, Johnny gives a fiery, goosebump-inducing performance driven by his impassioned vocals; think The Weeknd on steroids. While this effort will be a part of something larger, the mystery project is currently untitled and unscheduled.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/22/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Party and the Dream" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Childish Gambino - STN MTN
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.