Previously heard collaborating with Manhattan buzzmaker Skizzy Mars on the reader-approved Coming Down, Jon Waltz jumps into the driver seat with Video Girl, his inaugural feature as a solo headliner. In the 18-year-old Memphis native’s own words, this HypeTrak-premiered mixtape single is “a short story… about a beautiful girl who makes all of the wrong choices.“ The chick in question may be on a path toward self-destruction, but that doesn’t stop Waltz from spitting a little game over Zayd‘s chilly organ loops. In addition to rocking the mic, the artist delivers a smooth, sung chorus. John’s debut project, Alyss, currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep supplied with the latest leading up to its eventual release.
Written by richard on 06/27/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.