On his debut solo feature, late June’s Video Girl, Jon Waltz spun a tale about “a beautiful girl who makes all the wrong choices.” The Memphis buzzmaker’s latest promo single tells a story that strikes a bit closer to Home—but it, too involves a woman. PressPlay‘s spacey, slowed-down samples and crisp hi-hat rolls accompany the artist as he explores his mixed emotions regarding a chick by the name of Victoria. This joint isn’t part of a larger set, but fans can watch our front page for further information on the artist’s next project, the September-bound Alyss EP.
Written by richard on 08/4/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.