On his debut solo feature, late June’s Video Girl, Jon Waltz spun a tale about “a beautiful girl who makes all the wrong choices.” The Memphis buzzmaker’s latest promo single tells a story that strikes a bit closer to Home—but it, too involves a woman. PressPlay‘s spacey, slowed-down samples and crisp hi-hat rolls accompany the artist as he explores his mixed emotions regarding a chick by the name of Victoria. This joint isn’t part of a larger set, but fans can watch our front page for further information on the artist’s next project, the September-bound Alyss EP.
Written by richard on 08/4/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.