As a nation we’re searching for change and progress, which is exactly what Rhode Island’s Jon Hope is praying for on his newest single, Showdown. Armed with a distinctive voice, a Statik Selektah mixtape called The Audacity and a co-sign from DJBooth, Hope uses his linguistic skills to his fullest on this track, with stellar results. Producer Taktix [of Black Keyz Productions] delivers a beat filled with steady, bouncy piano punches, over which this cocky and brash youngin’ will keep rhymin’ till he “goes diamond.” Offering a unique brand of ghetto lullaby, Hope “Lynn Swann’s” the game with music that can bring the streets into the club. The flow might be from Harlem, but Rhode Island is definitely represented on Hope’s newest Booth feature.
Listen to More: Jon Hope Written by Kevin L. Clark
Essence Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Rap Life ft. Statik Selektah" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!