As a nation we’re searching for change and progress, which is exactly what Rhode Island’s Jon Hope is praying for on his newest single, Showdown. Armed with a distinctive voice, a Statik Selektah mixtape called The Audacity and a co-sign from DJBooth, Hope uses his linguistic skills to his fullest on this track, with stellar results. Producer Taktix [of Black Keyz Productions] delivers a beat filled with steady, bouncy piano punches, over which this cocky and brash youngin’ will keep rhymin’ till he “goes diamond.” Offering a unique brand of ghetto lullaby, Hope “Lynn Swann’s” the game with music that can bring the streets into the club. The flow might be from Harlem, but Rhode Island is definitely represented on Hope’s newest Booth feature.
Listen to More: Jon Hope
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/1/08
Submit your Rating
Essence Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Rap Life ft. Statik Selektah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.