Update: Click “Watch Now” above to view Jon Hope’s Walu-direct Rhode Less Traveled video.
First of all, just in in case you’re pun illiterate, yes, Jon Hope is from Rhode Island – hence the title of his Robert Frost inspired new single Rhode Less Traveled. And just in case you don’t care about poetic/geographical puns, all you really need to know is this is damn good music. Coming on the heels of Second Hand, Rhode is build around an anthemic, piano driven and percussively pounding beat supplied by producer Blaze P. From there it’s up to the aptly-named Hope to provide yet more bars of inspiration and encouragement, bringing listeners along with him on a ride into the future: “Hop in my car, throw away the rearview / so much in my life that I gotta steer through.” Now that’s something to bump in the whip. Fans of both hope, hip-hop and Jon Hope’s hip-hop have a lot to look forward to. Not only will Rhode Less Traveled be featured in Nike’s The Chance campaign, it also serves as the first official leak off his upcoming Work In Progress album, due to hit The DJBooth on May 9.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/26/12
Submit your Rating
Essence Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Rap Life ft. Statik Selektah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.