Screaming fans, flashing cameras, and big money are nice, but no amount of glitz or glamor can distract Jon Hope from his first love, the music—as the Providence, RI native puts it on the lead single off his forthcoming Work In Progress, he’s simply Above It All. Hope’s single-minded pursuit of musical greatness has clearly paid off, particularly on the lyrical tip. Over a pensive blend of strings and piano by beatsmith Taktix (who also produced and sang the hook on Hope’s Better) the artist announces his intention to “kill fear and decapitate hate,” delivering ambitious verses jam-packed with poetic imagery and subtle wordplay. Topped off with a soulful hook by R&B singer Nandi, this track is sure to raise anticipation for Jon Hope’s latest opus—Work in Progress has yet to receive a solid release date, but fans can keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest news and tunes.
Listen to More: Jon Hope
Written by richard on 09/3/09
Essence Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Rap Life ft. Statik Selektah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)