After two years with nary a solo feature from Jon Hope, we started to wonder if the Rhode Island representative would ever return, but we never gave up… um… hope. With that horrible pun out of the way, we’re proud to present Camp St. & Comstock, a fresh single that represents our first taste of the indie buzzmaker’s next project. Over a lush, immersive boom-bap beat by Grammy-winning producer Drum Gahd, the Essence Music Group signee spits vividly about the mix of big dreams and desperation that characterizes life on one inner-city corner in Providence. Longtime collaborator Colby Blanchet directs the cut’s gritty visual accompaniment. A Guy Named Harry is slated to drop before year’s end. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 08/26/14
Submit your Rating
Essence Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Rap Life ft. Statik Selektah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.