After two years with nary a solo feature from Jon Hope, we started to wonder if the Rhode Island representative would ever return, but we never gave up… um… hope. With that horrible pun out of the way, we’re proud to present Camp St. & Comstock, a fresh single that represents our first taste of the indie buzzmaker’s next project. Over a lush, immersive boom-bap beat by Grammy-winning producer Drum Gahd, the Essence Music Group signee spits vividly about the mix of big dreams and desperation that characterizes life on one inner-city corner in Providence. Longtime collaborator Colby Blanchet directs the cut’s gritty visual accompaniment. A Guy Named Harry is slated to drop before year’s end. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 08/26/14
Submit your Rating
Essence Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Rap Life ft. Statik Selektah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.