After two years with nary a solo feature from Jon Hope, we started to wonder if the Rhode Island representative would ever return, but we never gave up… um… hope. With that horrible pun out of the way, we’re proud to present Camp St. & Comstock, a fresh single that represents our first taste of the indie buzzmaker’s next project. Over a lush, immersive boom-bap beat by Grammy-winning producer Drum Gahd, the Essence Music Group signee spits vividly about the mix of big dreams and desperation that characterizes life on one inner-city corner in Providence. Longtime collaborator Colby Blanchet directs the cut’s gritty visual accompaniment. A Guy Named Harry is slated to drop before year’s end. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 08/26/14
Submit your Rating
Essence Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Rap Life ft. Statik Selektah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.