After two years with nary a solo feature from Jon Hope, we started to wonder if the Rhode Island representative would ever return, but we never gave up… um… hope. With that horrible pun out of the way, we’re proud to present Camp St. & Comstock, a fresh single that represents our first taste of the indie buzzmaker’s next project. Over a lush, immersive boom-bap beat by Grammy-winning producer Drum Gahd, the Essence Music Group signee spits vividly about the mix of big dreams and desperation that characterizes life on one inner-city corner in Providence. Longtime collaborator Colby Blanchet directs the cut’s gritty visual accompaniment. A Guy Named Harry is slated to drop before year’s end. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 08/26/14
Submit your Rating
Essence Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Rap Life ft. Statik Selektah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.