After two years with nary a solo feature from Jon Hope, we started to wonder if the Rhode Island representative would ever return, but we never gave up… um… hope. With that horrible pun out of the way, we’re proud to present Camp St. & Comstock, a fresh single that represents our first taste of the indie buzzmaker’s next project. Over a lush, immersive boom-bap beat by Grammy-winning producer Drum Gahd, the Essence Music Group signee spits vividly about the mix of big dreams and desperation that characterizes life on one inner-city corner in Providence. Longtime collaborator Colby Blanchet directs the cut’s gritty visual accompaniment. A Guy Named Harry is slated to drop before year’s end. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 08/26/14
Submit your Rating
Essence Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Rap Life ft. Statik Selektah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.