Over the past few years hip-hop has slowly moved from a music that celebrates partying to one that celebrates liver-destroying binge drinking. It’s no longer enough to simply pop bottles, you have to do Shots with LMFAO and get slizzered like Three 6 until you can’t remember your name. Well, as always, you can count on DJBooth Freestyle alum Jon Hope to set the record straight. Just like he did on previous feature Bills, Hope reveals the true consequences and complexities of reaching for liquid courage when times gets hard. While LJC pulls double duty as both a smooth hookman and creator of a simultaneously light and dark beat, lyrically Hope takes the (quasi?) autobiographical approach, telling the first person story of a man left with nothing and no one to turn to, except that always reliable bottle. DJs, feel free to play this one back to back with Fly Like a G6. Fittingly, Hope’s upcoming album Work in Progress is under construction as we speak. Keep it locked for further details.
Listen to More: Jon Hope
Written by Nathan S. on 01/17/11
Submit your Rating
Essence Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Rap Life ft. Statik Selektah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.