Over the past few years hip-hop has slowly moved from a music that celebrates partying to one that celebrates liver-destroying binge drinking. It’s no longer enough to simply pop bottles, you have to do Shots with LMFAO and get slizzered like Three 6 until you can’t remember your name. Well, as always, you can count on DJBooth Freestyle alum Jon Hope to set the record straight. Just like he did on previous feature Bills, Hope reveals the true consequences and complexities of reaching for liquid courage when times gets hard. While LJC pulls double duty as both a smooth hookman and creator of a simultaneously light and dark beat, lyrically Hope takes the (quasi?) autobiographical approach, telling the first person story of a man left with nothing and no one to turn to, except that always reliable bottle. DJs, feel free to play this one back to back with Fly Like a G6. Fittingly, Hope’s upcoming album Work in Progress is under construction as we speak. Keep it locked for further details.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/17/11
Submit your Rating
Essence Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Rap Life ft. Statik Selektah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.