Jon Connor may be part of the Midwestern vanguard but, when he’s not busy pushing the game forward, he does feel the occasional pang of nostalgia for the past. Coming on the heels of last week’s Freddie Gibbs-assisted F’n Right, When I Was Young finds the Flint, Michigan spitter looking back wistfully on a simpler time, before the struggle and his experiences in the industry stole his innocence. Joining the headliner over Neo Tempus’ beat, a pitched-down sampling of Supertramp’s Logical Song, fellow Booth regulars Chris Webby and Smoke DZA share a few fond memories of their own on the guest tip. Fans will be able to find When I Was Young and many more fresh cuts on Connor’s Unconscious State LP, scheduled to hit iTunes next Tuesday, July 2.
Written by richard on 06/28/13
Submit your Rating
All Varsity Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Keep Your Head" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label