Jon Connor may be part of the Midwestern vanguard but, when he’s not busy pushing the game forward, he does feel the occasional pang of nostalgia for the past. Coming on the heels of last week’s Freddie Gibbs-assisted F’n Right, When I Was Young finds the Flint, Michigan spitter looking back wistfully on a simpler time, before the struggle and his experiences in the industry stole his innocence. Joining the headliner over Neo Tempus’ beat, a pitched-down sampling of Supertramp’s Logical Song, fellow Booth regulars Chris Webby and Smoke DZA share a few fond memories of their own on the guest tip. Fans will be able to find When I Was Young and many more fresh cuts on Connor’s Unconscious State LP, scheduled to hit iTunes next Tuesday, July 2.
Written by richard on 06/28/13
Submit your Rating
All Varsity Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Keep Your Head" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)