In anticipation of the Glorification of Gangster exhibit, the final installment from the project’s official mixtape has been released with Jon Connor’s The Heist. Produced by Elite, the final track off the mixtape, which follows records from STS and J. Cole, definitely paints a picture of how raw and “Gangster” Jon can actually get. Although it’s not a visual breakdown of a heist or a story telling song like one may predict, Connor still delivers raw, energetic, and powerful bars over the melodic keys and the heavy snares. While some gangsters have a laid back style and low key attitude, you can tell if Conner was involved in a heist, he was the one who snapped in the middle of the robbery. If you’re in New York tonight, check out The World Monuments Fund Gallery. You’ll get to see some dope art, some dope performances by the artists of the mixtape, and a fun night brought to you by Alex Haldi and Bestest Asbestos. More info here.
Written by JRTheWriter on 05/12/11
Submit your Rating
All Varsity Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Keep Your Head" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.