Someday I’ll be out in beautiful sunny weather (away from humidity…dry heat is way better) lounging in white pants and sandals. Well, maybe not the pants and sandals, but you get the point. Until that day, though, I’ll continue to put in ten-hour workdays and pack a turkey sandwich for lunch. Jon Connor, who is featured on our new Report EP, seems to have that same plan as well as he discusses the “light” at the end of the tunnel on his latest song release, Someday, off of his forthcoming album, Salvation. Produced by Reef, Someday is a head-nodding and even motivational (non-trap motivational that is) track full of quirky horns over which the Freestyle Series alum discusses goals on this journey called life and in rap. We’ll have to wait and see if Someday ever arrives, for Connor and for all us working stiffs, but we do know that Salvation will arrive on July 12, exclusively on iTunes.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 06/24/11
Submit your Rating
All Varsity Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Keep Your Head" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.