Someday I’ll be out in beautiful sunny weather (away from humidity…dry heat is way better) lounging in white pants and sandals. Well, maybe not the pants and sandals, but you get the point. Until that day, though, I’ll continue to put in ten-hour workdays and pack a turkey sandwich for lunch. Jon Connor, who is featured on our new Report EP, seems to have that same plan as well as he discusses the “light” at the end of the tunnel on his latest song release, Someday, off of his forthcoming album, Salvation. Produced by Reef, Someday is a head-nodding and even motivational (non-trap motivational that is) track full of quirky horns over which the Freestyle Series alum discusses goals on this journey called life and in rap. We’ll have to wait and see if Someday ever arrives, for Connor and for all us working stiffs, but we do know that Salvation will arrive on July 12, exclusively on iTunes.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 06/24/11
Submit your Rating
All Varsity Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Keep Your Head" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.