You mean to tell me that two monsters of the Midwest, Jon Connor and Freddie Gibbs, both with big summer project releases, have joined forces on Connor’s latest single? F’N Right! As expected when two Booth favorites connect, a certified banger has been born. Backed by producer K. Wills’ high-energy, street-inspired beat, the pair spit a dangerous of amount of caustic, unapologetic bars that give new meaning to the sonic landscape of a trap song. Gibbs, who just released his ESGN album several weeks earlier than originally planned, has his verse sandwiched between the front and back end of Connor’s rhymes. His brash, deep-voiced style works nicely with the Michigan native’s machine gun flow, giving F’N Right both a finessed and forceful vibe. Not surprisingly, this cut will appear on Connor’s forthcoming album, Unconscious State, set to drop early next month.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/21/13
Submit your Rating
All Varsity Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Keep Your Head" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.