You mean to tell me that two monsters of the Midwest, Jon Connor and Freddie Gibbs, both with big summer project releases, have joined forces on Connor’s latest single? F’N Right! As expected when two Booth favorites connect, a certified banger has been born. Backed by producer K. Wills’ high-energy, street-inspired beat, the pair spit a dangerous of amount of caustic, unapologetic bars that give new meaning to the sonic landscape of a trap song. Gibbs, who just released his ESGN album several weeks earlier than originally planned, has his verse sandwiched between the front and back end of Connor’s rhymes. His brash, deep-voiced style works nicely with the Michigan native’s machine gun flow, giving F’N Right both a finessed and forceful vibe. Not surprisingly, this cut will appear on Connor’s forthcoming album, Unconscious State, set to drop early next month.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/21/13
Submit your Rating
All Varsity Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Keep Your Head" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.