You mean to tell me that two monsters of the Midwest, Jon Connor and Freddie Gibbs, both with big summer project releases, have joined forces on Connor’s latest single? F’N Right! As expected when two Booth favorites connect, a certified banger has been born. Backed by producer K. Wills’ high-energy, street-inspired beat, the pair spit a dangerous of amount of caustic, unapologetic bars that give new meaning to the sonic landscape of a trap song. Gibbs, who just released his ESGN album several weeks earlier than originally planned, has his verse sandwiched between the front and back end of Connor’s rhymes. His brash, deep-voiced style works nicely with the Michigan native’s machine gun flow, giving F’N Right both a finessed and forceful vibe. Not surprisingly, this cut will appear on Connor’s forthcoming album, Unconscious State, set to drop early next month.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/21/13
Jon Connor, a signee of former NBA baller Mateen Cleaves' All Varsity Music, has liberated his latest independent full-length, Unconscious State. Coming on the heels of 2012 street releases The Blue Album, The People's Rapper...
All Varsity Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Keep Your Head" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.