You mean to tell me that two monsters of the Midwest, Jon Connor and Freddie Gibbs, both with big summer project releases, have joined forces on Connor’s latest single? F’N Right! As expected when two Booth favorites connect, a certified banger has been born. Backed by producer K. Wills’ high-energy, street-inspired beat, the pair spit a dangerous of amount of caustic, unapologetic bars that give new meaning to the sonic landscape of a trap song. Gibbs, who just released his ESGN album several weeks earlier than originally planned, has his verse sandwiched between the front and back end of Connor’s rhymes. His brash, deep-voiced style works nicely with the Michigan native’s machine gun flow, giving F’N Right both a finessed and forceful vibe. Not surprisingly, this cut will appear on Connor’s forthcoming album, Unconscious State, set to drop early next month.
All Varsity Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Keep Your Head" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.