If you experience a little déjà vu upon reading the title of Jon Connor‘s latest unreleased cut, chances are that’s because you have listened to another record named after Michael Jackson‘s Dirty Diana in the not-so-distant past. Unlike Candice Pillay‘s version, however, the Flint, Mich. repper’s latest effort (presented here in chopped-n-screwed form) does in fact feature a sample from its namesake. Though this cut didn’t make it onto the final tracklist, those digging it can hear more on Connor’s forthcoming Vinnie Chase Season 2 mixtape, as well as his Salvation LP, just released to iTunes.
Written by richard on 09/30/11
Submit your Rating
All Varsity Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Keep Your Head" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.