At the bottom of July, we heard Jon Bellion draw inspiration from Yeezy‘s Can’t Tell Me Nothing (as well as channeling a little of his famous ego) on Munny Right, a self-satisfied debut single dedicated to everyone who ever doubted him. The freshly-minted follow up, by contrast, is Simple and Sweet in sound as well as subject matter. Over a self-produced beat that’s little more than a synth arpeggio accented by occasional backing vocals, Bellion lets his girl know just how much he appreciates the low-key love they share. The artist directs the official visuals in conjunction with David Richardson. This record is just a promo cut, but those feeling it should consider catching Jon Bellion on one of the 25 dates of his impending national tour. Click here to learn when he’ll be visiting a city near you.
Written by richard on 08/13/14
Submit your Rating
Visionary Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Don't Take L's" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.