Last heard waxing philosophical about wealth and celebrity on the Booth-acclaimed Ungrateful Eyes, Jon Bellion returns to wow readers One More Time with the latest single off his forthcoming full-length. On this exhilarating cut, the singer and beatsmith chronicles a steamy love affair made even more thrilling by the threat of imminent bodily harm: “Your father said he would break my legs, if I ever came around again.” (I guess she’s from a mob family.) As usual, Bellion does his own production, layering springy synth arpeggios over a breathless stop-start percussion rhythm. GRVTY reprises his role in the director’s chair, turning in a clip packed with picturesque images from nature. The artist’s forthcoming free album has yet to receive either a title or a drop date, but we in the Booth will keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 10/2/13
NYC singer/songwriter and producer Jon Bellion has unleashed his sophomore full-length, The Separation. His first release since February debut set Translations Through Speakers (available for free digital download via...
Visionary Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Don't Take L's" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.