Last heard waxing philosophical about wealth and celebrity on the Booth-acclaimed Ungrateful Eyes, Jon Bellion returns to wow readers One More Time with the latest single off his forthcoming full-length. On this exhilarating cut, the singer and beatsmith chronicles a steamy love affair made even more thrilling by the threat of imminent bodily harm: “Your father said he would break my legs, if I ever came around again.” (I guess she’s from a mob family.) As usual, Bellion does his own production, layering springy synth arpeggios over a breathless stop-start percussion rhythm. GRVTY reprises his role in the director’s chair, turning in a clip packed with picturesque images from nature. The artist’s forthcoming free album has yet to receive either a title or a drop date, but we in the Booth will keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 10/2/13
Submit your Rating
Visionary Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Don't Take L's" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.