Jon Bellion‘s musical career has taken him all over the globe, but his heart remains in the Big Apple. New York Soul, the third single off the singer/songwriter and producer’s forthcoming full-length, is a wistful reflection on life on the road. Bellion’s own melancholy piano chords accompany him as he contemplates the people waiting for him back home: “See my mother on Skype, hear my sisters through postcards they write / Watch my niece grow through Instagram…” GRVTY directs the joint’s intimate visual accompaniment. Bellion’s next LP has yet to receive either a title or a spot on the release calendar, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 10/24/13
Submit your Rating
Visionary Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Don't Take L's" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.