Though Jon Bellion likes to have his Munny Right—if only to rub the haters’ noses in his financial success—the NYC singer-songwriter, producer and emcee prefers the Simple & Sweet to the flashy and fly. Not unjustifiably, he worries that his rising stature in the game might change his personality and tastes, so on his latest promo cut he asks an old friend, “Could you pray with me / that I don’t lose my soul to Luxury?” As on previous features, Bellion wears several hats at once, penning and producing the joint in addition to delivering sung and flowed vocals. Singer Audra May assists on the guest tip. For this heartfelt cut and much more, cop the 23-year-old Renaissance man’s next LP, The Definition, when it hits record stores and online retailers this fall.
Written by richard on 09/3/14
Submit your Rating
Visionary Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Don't Take L's" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.