Though Jon Bellion likes to have his Munny Right—if only to rub the haters’ noses in his financial success—the NYC singer-songwriter, producer and emcee prefers the Simple & Sweet to the flashy and fly. Not unjustifiably, he worries that his rising stature in the game might change his personality and tastes, so on his latest promo cut he asks an old friend, “Could you pray with me / that I don’t lose my soul to Luxury?” As on previous features, Bellion wears several hats at once, penning and producing the joint in addition to delivering sung and flowed vocals. Singer Audra May assists on the guest tip. For this heartfelt cut and much more, cop the 23-year-old Renaissance man’s next LP, The Definition, when it hits record stores and online retailers this fall.
Written by richard on 09/3/14
Submit your Rating
Visionary Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Don't Take L's" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.