Though Jon Bellion likes to have his Munny Right—if only to rub the haters’ noses in his financial success—the NYC singer-songwriter, producer and emcee prefers the Simple & Sweet to the flashy and fly. Not unjustifiably, he worries that his rising stature in the game might change his personality and tastes, so on his latest promo cut he asks an old friend, “Could you pray with me / that I don’t lose my soul to Luxury?” As on previous features, Bellion wears several hats at once, penning and producing the joint in addition to delivering sung and flowed vocals. Singer Audra May assists on the guest tip. For this heartfelt cut and much more, cop the 23-year-old Renaissance man’s next LP, The Definition, when it hits record stores and online retailers this fall.
Written by richard on 09/3/14
Submit your Rating
Visionary Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Don't Take L's" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.