As far as I can tell, Jon Bellon‘s eclectic, hip hop-infused style has nothing in common with the loungey psychedelia of The Doors, but watch him as he performs and you can see a hint of Jim Morrison‘s prophetic swagger. On the fourth and final video single off his next independent album, the NYC buzzmaker pays homage to the musical icons who have inspired him over the years—from the Lizard King and The Beatles, to Jay-Z, Biggie and Kanye—over his own string-driven boardwork. GVTY directs the cut’s cinematic accompaniment. For this joint, the previously-featured New York Soul and much more, cop Bellion’s The Separation LP when it drops digitally on Tuesday, December 10.
Written by richard on 11/13/13
NYC singer/songwriter and producer Jon Bellion has unleashed his sophomore full-length, The Separation. His first release since February debut set Translations Through Speakers (available for free digital download via...
Visionary Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Don't Take L's" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.