As far as I can tell, Jon Bellon‘s eclectic, hip hop-infused style has nothing in common with the loungey psychedelia of The Doors, but watch him as he performs and you can see a hint of Jim Morrison‘s prophetic swagger. On the fourth and final video single off his next independent album, the NYC buzzmaker pays homage to the musical icons who have inspired him over the years—from the Lizard King and The Beatles, to Jay-Z, Biggie and Kanye—over his own string-driven boardwork. GVTY directs the cut’s cinematic accompaniment. For this joint, the previously-featured New York Soul and much more, cop Bellion’s The Separation LP when it drops digitally on Tuesday, December 10.
Written by richard on 11/13/13
NYC singer/songwriter and producer Jon Bellion has unleashed his sophomore full-length, The Separation. His first release since February debut set Translations Through Speakers (available for free digital download via...
Visionary Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Don't Take L's" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.