As far as I can tell, Jon Bellon‘s eclectic, hip hop-infused style has nothing in common with the loungey psychedelia of The Doors, but watch him as he performs and you can see a hint of Jim Morrison‘s prophetic swagger. On the fourth and final video single off his next independent album, the NYC buzzmaker pays homage to the musical icons who have inspired him over the years—from the Lizard King and The Beatles, to Jay-Z, Biggie and Kanye—over his own string-driven boardwork. GVTY directs the cut’s cinematic accompaniment. For this joint, the previously-featured New York Soul and much more, cop Bellion’s The Separation LP when it drops digitally on Tuesday, December 10.
Written by richard on 11/13/13
Submit your Rating
Visionary Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Don't Take L's" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.