It can be quite difficult for a young emcee to make a real splash with his or her debut single, but Chicago native Jon Arrington has decided to Let ‘Em Have It. On his first DJBooth feature the crafty emcee drops off some impressive bars, flaunting his lyrical prowess with commendable confidence. Let ‘Em Have It boasts a overly mellow vibe, a melodious mix of strings and drums, thanks to Chicago-based production team Blended Babies. Also adding to the chill nature of Let ‘Em Have It is the song’s smooth hook, which proves to be a fitting transition for Arrington’s bold verses. While details on his forthcoming release remain scarce, Let ‘Em Have It is available in video form and will be the title track of Arrington’s first EP release.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/7/12
Chicago-based emcee Jon Arrington has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his debut EP, Let 'Em Have It. Executive Produced by Blended Babies, the project features five original tracks from the up-and-coming...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.