It can be quite difficult for a young emcee to make a real splash with his or her debut single, but Chicago native Jon Arrington has decided to Let ‘Em Have It. On his first DJBooth feature the crafty emcee drops off some impressive bars, flaunting his lyrical prowess with commendable confidence. Let ‘Em Have It boasts a overly mellow vibe, a melodious mix of strings and drums, thanks to Chicago-based production team Blended Babies. Also adding to the chill nature of Let ‘Em Have It is the song’s smooth hook, which proves to be a fitting transition for Arrington’s bold verses. While details on his forthcoming release remain scarce, Let ‘Em Have It is available in video form and will be the title track of Arrington’s first EP release.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/7/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.