It can be quite difficult for a young emcee to make a real splash with his or her debut single, but Chicago native Jon Arrington has decided to Let ‘Em Have It. On his first DJBooth feature the crafty emcee drops off some impressive bars, flaunting his lyrical prowess with commendable confidence. Let ‘Em Have It boasts a overly mellow vibe, a melodious mix of strings and drums, thanks to Chicago-based production team Blended Babies. Also adding to the chill nature of Let ‘Em Have It is the song’s smooth hook, which proves to be a fitting transition for Arrington’s bold verses. While details on his forthcoming release remain scarce, Let ‘Em Have It is available in video form and will be the title track of Arrington’s first EP release.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/7/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.