As Nas intimated on classic cut Bridging the Gap, the urge to give voice to your Blues lies at the heart of hip-hop. On his Booth debut and latest single, JoJo Pellegrino carries on this time-honored tradition, putting his worries and cares into words over beatsmith Cue Trax’ head-noddable piano production. Pellegrino’s latest album, Machine Gun Pelly (No, MGK‘s not big enough to be the basis for a punny LP title), is set to drop “soon;” keep it locked for further details!
Written by richard on 09/26/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.