As Nas intimated on classic cut Bridging the Gap, the urge to give voice to your Blues lies at the heart of hip-hop. On his Booth debut and latest single, JoJo Pellegrino carries on this time-honored tradition, putting his worries and cares into words over beatsmith Cue Trax’ head-noddable piano production. Pellegrino’s latest album, Machine Gun Pelly (No, MGK‘s not big enough to be the basis for a punny LP title), is set to drop “soon;” keep it locked for further details!
Written by richard on 09/26/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.