As Nas intimated on classic cut Bridging the Gap, the urge to give voice to your Blues lies at the heart of hip-hop. On his Booth debut and latest single, JoJo Pellegrino carries on this time-honored tradition, putting his worries and cares into words over beatsmith Cue Trax’ head-noddable piano production. Pellegrino’s latest album, Machine Gun Pelly (No, MGK‘s not big enough to be the basis for a punny LP title), is set to drop “soon;” keep it locked for further details!
Written by richard on 09/26/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.