As Nas intimated on classic cut Bridging the Gap, the urge to give voice to your Blues lies at the heart of hip-hop. On his Booth debut and latest single, JoJo Pellegrino carries on this time-honored tradition, putting his worries and cares into words over beatsmith Cue Trax’ head-noddable piano production. Pellegrino’s latest album, Machine Gun Pelly (No, MGK‘s not big enough to be the basis for a punny LP title), is set to drop “soon;” keep it locked for further details!
Written by richard on 09/26/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.