If you’re having a little bit of trouble placing JoJo don’t worry, it has been almost six years since the pop singer last released an official album. After first finding mega-success in her early teens with top topping hits like Leave and Too Little Too Late, JoJo’s now on a mission to establish herself as an adult artist, and new single Demonstrate should go a long way towards helping her achieve her mission. Fitting considering her cover of Drake’s Marvin’s Room was a YouTube sensation, Drizzy’s resident producer Noah “40” Shebib provides yet another slowly unwinding and ambient beat that the songstress turns into a sultry and smoky bedroom burner with her subtly passionate vocals. If there are any doubters out there I can’t think of a better demonstration of the woman’s skills than this. While there’s still no official word on another album from JoJo, with singles like this one can’t be too far on the horizon (we hope).
Written by Nathan S. on 07/17/12
Submit your Rating
Futuresound / BGR
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.