Having written hit songs for big names likes Tyrese, Mariah, and Mary J., Johnta Austin is finally ready to step up into the spotlight himself. On The One That Got Away, Austin once again shows his skillful penning ability as he describes lamenting over a woman who is leaving him; he still loves her and can’t stand being without her (you know how it goes). The smooth, acoustic guitar/violin accompaniment should make this a hit among all who enjoy easy-listening music, not just urban. Johnta’s already proven he can be a hit with a pen and paper, September 25th the release of Ocean Drive should give more insight as to whether he can be a hit with his voice as well.
Written by Burmy on 08/28/07
Submit your Rating
So So Def
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Video ft. DJ Unk" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.