Having written hit songs for big names likes Tyrese, Mariah, and Mary J., Johnta Austin is finally ready to step up into the spotlight himself. On The One That Got Away, Austin once again shows his skillful penning ability as he describes lamenting over a woman who is leaving him; he still loves her and can’t stand being without her (you know how it goes). The smooth, acoustic guitar/violin accompaniment should make this a hit among all who enjoy easy-listening music, not just urban. Johnta’s already proven he can be a hit with a pen and paper, September 25th the release of Ocean Drive should give more insight as to whether he can be a hit with his voice as well.
Written by Burmy on 08/28/07
Submit your Rating
So So Def
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Video ft. DJ Unk" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.