Having written hit songs for big names likes Tyrese, Mariah, and Mary J., Johnta Austin is finally ready to step up into the spotlight himself. On The One That Got Away, Austin once again shows his skillful penning ability as he describes lamenting over a woman who is leaving him; he still loves her and can’t stand being without her (you know how it goes). The smooth, acoustic guitar/violin accompaniment should make this a hit among all who enjoy easy-listening music, not just urban. Johnta’s already proven he can be a hit with a pen and paper, September 25th the release of Ocean Drive should give more insight as to whether he can be a hit with his voice as well.
Written by Burmy on 08/28/07
Submit your Rating
So So Def
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Video ft. DJ Unk" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.