Having written hit songs for big names likes Tyrese, Mariah, and Mary J., Johnta Austin is finally ready to step up into the spotlight himself. On The One That Got Away, Austin once again shows his skillful penning ability as he describes lamenting over a woman who is leaving him; he still loves her and can’t stand being without her (you know how it goes). The smooth, acoustic guitar/violin accompaniment should make this a hit among all who enjoy easy-listening music, not just urban. Johnta’s already proven he can be a hit with a pen and paper, September 25th the release of Ocean Drive should give more insight as to whether he can be a hit with his voice as well.
Written by Burmy on 08/28/07
Submit your Rating
So So Def
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Video ft. DJ Unk" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)