Having written hit songs for big names likes Tyrese, Mariah, and Mary J., Johnta Austin is finally ready to step up into the spotlight himself. On The One That Got Away, Austin once again shows his skillful penning ability as he describes lamenting over a woman who is leaving him; he still loves her and can’t stand being without her (you know how it goes). The smooth, acoustic guitar/violin accompaniment should make this a hit among all who enjoy easy-listening music, not just urban. Johnta’s already proven he can be a hit with a pen and paper, September 25th the release of Ocean Drive should give more insight as to whether he can be a hit with his voice as well.
Written by Burmy on 08/28/07
Submit your Rating
So So Def
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Video ft. DJ Unk" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.