Fresh off a series of label switches culminating in his recent dismissal from Island Def Jam, Johnta Austin is currently hunting for distribution for his myriad forthcoming projects, including shelved debut album Ocean Drive. To this end, the A-Town native has released a brand new single. Pondering how to liven up an on-the-rocks relationship, Johnta decides to Take It Back to the day he and his woman first met and danced together; if he can recapture that feeling, the rest should go smoothly. Johnta’s rhythmic vocal patterns, along with Jermaine Dupri‘s smooth, piano-driven beat and a Do or Die-esque rap on the back end, add up to another catchy, laid-back hit. Take It Back should go a long way towards convincing labels that Austin’s a wise investment—personally, I still believe that, when Ocean Drive is finally released, it’s gonna do big numbers on the charts!
Written by Burmy on 04/14/09
Submit your Rating
So So Def
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Video ft. DJ Unk" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.