If you’ve been looking for a song to roll up to a party with on Friday night, I have some bad news. Johnny Spanish has a track you’ll want to party with every night. If that’s a problem (say, for example, you’re Lindsay Lohan), you might want to avoid checking out his new promo single, What It Do. Attaching a distinctly slow southern drawl to this one, Spanish throws down some creatively written bars reminiscent of my own flow “game so tight I should own me an arcade.” (Note: My raps aren’t nearly that dope. Can’t blame me for trying through.) The enticing production, built pm light organ lines fueled with a powerful bump, is provided by SMKA, which takes What I Do’s vibe even deeper into the South. While the DJBooth Freestyle Series alum doesn’t have a project attached to this track, that won’t stop readers from doing What It Do along with this one. Be sure to keep a lookout for more from Spanish in the near future with features from your friendly neighborhood DJBooth.net.
Written by Sigurd on 12/19/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shining (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.