If you’ve been looking for a song to roll up to a party with on Friday night, I have some bad news. Johnny Spanish has a track you’ll want to party with every night. If that’s a problem (say, for example, you’re Lindsay Lohan), you might want to avoid checking out his new promo single, What It Do. Attaching a distinctly slow southern drawl to this one, Spanish throws down some creatively written bars reminiscent of my own flow “game so tight I should own me an arcade.” (Note: My raps aren’t nearly that dope. Can’t blame me for trying through.) The enticing production, built pm light organ lines fueled with a powerful bump, is provided by SMKA, which takes What I Do’s vibe even deeper into the South. While the DJBooth Freestyle Series alum doesn’t have a project attached to this track, that won’t stop readers from doing What It Do along with this one. Be sure to keep a lookout for more from Spanish in the near future with features from your friendly neighborhood DJBooth.net.
Written by Sigurd on 12/19/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shining (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)