If you’ve been looking for a song to roll up to a party with on Friday night, I have some bad news. Johnny Spanish has a track you’ll want to party with every night. If that’s a problem (say, for example, you’re Lindsay Lohan), you might want to avoid checking out his new promo single, What It Do. Attaching a distinctly slow southern drawl to this one, Spanish throws down some creatively written bars reminiscent of my own flow “game so tight I should own me an arcade.” (Note: My raps aren’t nearly that dope. Can’t blame me for trying through.) The enticing production, built pm light organ lines fueled with a powerful bump, is provided by SMKA, which takes What I Do’s vibe even deeper into the South. While the DJBooth Freestyle Series alum doesn’t have a project attached to this track, that won’t stop readers from doing What It Do along with this one. Be sure to keep a lookout for more from Spanish in the near future with features from your friendly neighborhood DJBooth.net.
Written by Sigurd on 12/19/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shining (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.