If you’ve been looking for a song to roll up to a party with on Friday night, I have some bad news. Johnny Spanish has a track you’ll want to party with every night. If that’s a problem (say, for example, you’re Lindsay Lohan), you might want to avoid checking out his new promo single, What It Do. Attaching a distinctly slow southern drawl to this one, Spanish throws down some creatively written bars reminiscent of my own flow “game so tight I should own me an arcade.” (Note: My raps aren’t nearly that dope. Can’t blame me for trying through.) The enticing production, built pm light organ lines fueled with a powerful bump, is provided by SMKA, which takes What I Do’s vibe even deeper into the South. While the DJBooth Freestyle Series alum doesn’t have a project attached to this track, that won’t stop readers from doing What It Do along with this one. Be sure to keep a lookout for more from Spanish in the near future with features from your friendly neighborhood DJBooth.net.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shining (Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.