”I’m Supa Dope yeah, I’m supa dope.” So sayeth Johnny Spanish—and who am I to argue? Making its world premiere right here on our front page, this freshly-released cut is both a statement and a demonstration of the Kentucky rhymesayer’s unimpeachable freshness. Ghost Beats provides a fittingly bombastic backdrop for the freestyle series alum‘s larger-than-life swag, flipping a sample from Cheech & Chong classic Up in Smoke before segueing into a searing, electric-guitar laced groove. For his part, Spanish attacks the mic with characteristic energy and self-assured swagger; in his trademark sung-rapped delivery, the artist emphasizes the intoxicating quality of his music by analogy to everyone’s favorite herb: “I’m like the best sh*t you ever smoked.” Unlike weed, however, this joint is practically guaranteed to leave you fiending for another hit. If that’s the case, stay tuned—Johnny Spanish’s next project has yet to receive either a title or a solid drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes leading up to its tentative summer release.
Written by richard on 05/2/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shining (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.