When a dope artist is recording a new project, it’s inevitable that a quality track or two will get left On the Shelf. Today, Johnny Spanish steps into the Booth with a record which, judging by its title, might have been designed for that express purpose. Created during the sessions for his next album, this outtake sees the Bluegrass State representative continuing to experiment with more pop-oriented material and themes. In sung verses over DJA‘s catchy, deceptively upbeat synth-brass boardwork, the Spanish vents his spleen at a woman who seemed like his dream girl, until she gave him the run-around. Feeling it? In addition to keeping it locked for the latest leading up to the February release of Spanish’s Ghost Beats and The Composer produced Home LP, fans can still stream and download his last project, September 2012’s Body of Evidence, for free in the Booth.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shining (Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.