When a dope artist is recording a new project, it’s inevitable that a quality track or two will get left On the Shelf. Today, Johnny Spanish steps into the Booth with a record which, judging by its title, might have been designed for that express purpose. Created during the sessions for his next album, this outtake sees the Bluegrass State representative continuing to experiment with more pop-oriented material and themes. In sung verses over DJA‘s catchy, deceptively upbeat synth-brass boardwork, the Spanish vents his spleen at a woman who seemed like his dream girl, until she gave him the run-around. Feeling it? In addition to keeping it locked for the latest leading up to the February release of Spanish’s Ghost Beats and The Composer produced Home LP, fans can still stream and download his last project, September 2012’s Body of Evidence, for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 01/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shining (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.