When a dope artist is recording a new project, it’s inevitable that a quality track or two will get left On the Shelf. Today, Johnny Spanish steps into the Booth with a record which, judging by its title, might have been designed for that express purpose. Created during the sessions for his next album, this outtake sees the Bluegrass State representative continuing to experiment with more pop-oriented material and themes. In sung verses over DJA‘s catchy, deceptively upbeat synth-brass boardwork, the Spanish vents his spleen at a woman who seemed like his dream girl, until she gave him the run-around. Feeling it? In addition to keeping it locked for the latest leading up to the February release of Spanish’s Ghost Beats and The Composer produced Home LP, fans can still stream and download his last project, September 2012’s Body of Evidence, for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 01/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shining (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.