When a dope artist is recording a new project, it’s inevitable that a quality track or two will get left On the Shelf. Today, Johnny Spanish steps into the Booth with a record which, judging by its title, might have been designed for that express purpose. Created during the sessions for his next album, this outtake sees the Bluegrass State representative continuing to experiment with more pop-oriented material and themes. In sung verses over DJA‘s catchy, deceptively upbeat synth-brass boardwork, the Spanish vents his spleen at a woman who seemed like his dream girl, until she gave him the run-around. Feeling it? In addition to keeping it locked for the latest leading up to the February release of Spanish’s Ghost Beats and The Composer produced Home LP, fans can still stream and download his last project, September 2012’s Body of Evidence, for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 01/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shining (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.