We live in a digitally inter-connected world constantly being monitored by drones, satellites and street corner surveillance. These days it’s hard to find a place that’s not On Camera, a state of constant supervision that Johnny Spanish knows only too well. The first feature from Spanish since May’s Supa Dope, Camera is driven by a Ghost Beats’ instrumental that’s hypnotically ambient and thoroughly hard to describe. That state of sonic unease is only emphasized by Spanish’s rhymes, which depict a man simply trying to live his life in the face of an Orwellian government, as well as a guest verse from 2Lettaz that’s equally revolutionary. While On Camera isn’t slated to appear on a larger project (yet), considering how much the man’s in front of a lens, I think we can expect more new music (maybe even a video?) soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shining (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.