We live in a digitally inter-connected world constantly being monitored by drones, satellites and street corner surveillance. These days it’s hard to find a place that’s not On Camera, a state of constant supervision that Johnny Spanish knows only too well. The first feature from Spanish since May’s Supa Dope, Camera is driven by a Ghost Beats’ instrumental that’s hypnotically ambient and thoroughly hard to describe. That state of sonic unease is only emphasized by Spanish’s rhymes, which depict a man simply trying to live his life in the face of an Orwellian government, as well as a guest verse from 2Lettaz that’s equally revolutionary. While On Camera isn’t slated to appear on a larger project (yet), considering how much the man’s in front of a lens, I think we can expect more new music (maybe even a video?) soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shining (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.