We live in a digitally inter-connected world constantly being monitored by drones, satellites and street corner surveillance. These days it’s hard to find a place that’s not On Camera, a state of constant supervision that Johnny Spanish knows only too well. The first feature from Spanish since May’s Supa Dope, Camera is driven by a Ghost Beats’ instrumental that’s hypnotically ambient and thoroughly hard to describe. That state of sonic unease is only emphasized by Spanish’s rhymes, which depict a man simply trying to live his life in the face of an Orwellian government, as well as a guest verse from 2Lettaz that’s equally revolutionary. While On Camera isn’t slated to appear on a larger project (yet), considering how much the man’s in front of a lens, I think we can expect more new music (maybe even a video?) soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/10/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shining (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.