We live in a digitally inter-connected world constantly being monitored by drones, satellites and street corner surveillance. These days it’s hard to find a place that’s not On Camera, a state of constant supervision that Johnny Spanish knows only too well. The first feature from Spanish since May’s Supa Dope, Camera is driven by a Ghost Beats’ instrumental that’s hypnotically ambient and thoroughly hard to describe. That state of sonic unease is only emphasized by Spanish’s rhymes, which depict a man simply trying to live his life in the face of an Orwellian government, as well as a guest verse from 2Lettaz that’s equally revolutionary. While On Camera isn’t slated to appear on a larger project (yet), considering how much the man’s in front of a lens, I think we can expect more new music (maybe even a video?) soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/10/12
Kentucky underground spitter Johnny Spanish has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners Body of Evidence, a new street album compiling previously-unreleased singles and collaborations. Included among the project's...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shining (Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.