Johnny Spanish may be all about his paper, but he considers his pride more valuable than any amount of currency. That’s why, even if the Kentucky repper falls upon hard times, you won’t catch him asking for a handout—instead, he’ll simply reach out and grab what he requires from somebody who seems to need it less, whether by hook or (likely) by crook. (And they say the American dream is dead!). On newly-released promo single Make It Take It, the freestyle series alumnus affirms his commitment to survival by any means necessary, lacing Vman‘s Southern-fried instrumental with gritty depictions of ‘hood entrepreneurship. Louisville native T-Razor handles verse two, lacing the middle with a vivid account of the paranoia that comes with his hustle, and Huntsville, Alabama emcee Jackie Chain showcases his impressive knowledge of video game weaponry on the back end (“100 rounds drums on them things, them Call of Duty sh*ts.”) Like what you’re hearing? Keep it locked—while this cut is currently unattached to any forthcoming project, we in the Booth will keep you supplied with anything and everything Johnny Spanish.
Written by richard on 07/11/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shining (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.