Johnny Spanish may be all about his paper, but he considers his pride more valuable than any amount of currency. That’s why, even if the Kentucky repper falls upon hard times, you won’t catch him asking for a handout—instead, he’ll simply reach out and grab what he requires from somebody who seems to need it less, whether by hook or (likely) by crook. (And they say the American dream is dead!). On newly-released promo single Make It Take It, the freestyle series alumnus affirms his commitment to survival by any means necessary, lacing Vman‘s Southern-fried instrumental with gritty depictions of ‘hood entrepreneurship. Louisville native T-Razor handles verse two, lacing the middle with a vivid account of the paranoia that comes with his hustle, and Huntsville, Alabama emcee Jackie Chain showcases his impressive knowledge of video game weaponry on the back end (“100 rounds drums on them things, them Call of Duty sh*ts.”) Like what you’re hearing? Keep it locked—while this cut is currently unattached to any forthcoming project, we in the Booth will keep you supplied with anything and everything Johnny Spanish.
Written by richard on 07/11/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shining (Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.