Johnny Spanish may be all about his paper, but he considers his pride more valuable than any amount of currency. That’s why, even if the Kentucky repper falls upon hard times, you won’t catch him asking for a handout—instead, he’ll simply reach out and grab what he requires from somebody who seems to need it less, whether by hook or (likely) by crook. (And they say the American dream is dead!). On newly-released promo single Make It Take It, the freestyle series alumnus affirms his commitment to survival by any means necessary, lacing Vman‘s Southern-fried instrumental with gritty depictions of ‘hood entrepreneurship. Louisville native T-Razor handles verse two, lacing the middle with a vivid account of the paranoia that comes with his hustle, and Huntsville, Alabama emcee Jackie Chain showcases his impressive knowledge of video game weaponry on the back end (“100 rounds drums on them things, them Call of Duty sh*ts.”) Like what you’re hearing? Keep it locked—while this cut is currently unattached to any forthcoming project, we in the Booth will keep you supplied with anything and everything Johnny Spanish.
Written by richard on 07/11/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shining (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)