For a normal birthday I might have a few drinks with friends and go out to eat; something a little better than the Ramen stocked at the house. Johnny Spanish doesn’t have normal birthdays. For his celebration this year, the Freestyle Series Alum dropped Like That, a head-nodding affair that yet again shows his talents on the mic and has a distinguishingly different flow from his previous efforts on the Booth. Heavier than both What It Do and Up in the Clouds, Spanish and producer DJ Burn One lay down a grittier and more fast-paced single, which leans towards street anthem rather than radio single. Full of soaring electric guitar notes and rhymes that don’t hesitate to be bold, there’s aren’t many who can do it like this. Whichever way the Kentucky emcee swing on his next project, listeners should know that they won’t be disappointed with the end result. While Like That isn’t attached to an album, DJBooth is your one stop shop moving forward for everything Spanish.
Written by Sigurd on 02/27/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shining (Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)