For a normal birthday I might have a few drinks with friends and go out to eat; something a little better than the Ramen stocked at the house. Johnny Spanish doesn’t have normal birthdays. For his celebration this year, the Freestyle Series Alum dropped Like That, a head-nodding affair that yet again shows his talents on the mic and has a distinguishingly different flow from his previous efforts on the Booth. Heavier than both What It Do and Up in the Clouds, Spanish and producer DJ Burn One lay down a grittier and more fast-paced single, which leans towards street anthem rather than radio single. Full of soaring electric guitar notes and rhymes that don’t hesitate to be bold, there’s aren’t many who can do it like this. Whichever way the Kentucky emcee swing on his next project, listeners should know that they won’t be disappointed with the end result. While Like That isn’t attached to an album, DJBooth is your one stop shop moving forward for everything Spanish.
Written by Sigurd on 02/27/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shining (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.