Johnny Spanish has a lot of love for Brooklyn, where he currently hangs his hat, but a big piece of his heart will always remain in Louisville, Kentucky. On the latest single and title track off his next street album, Español waxes poetic about his Hometown, the only place where he can relax and be fully himself. (He can also smoke a blunt in his whip without the NYPD getting up in his grill—always a plus.) Oliver Stoned mans the boards, backing his verses with a unique blend of piano chords and siren-esque synths. Spanish’s Home mixtape is slated to drop digitally June 25. In the meantime, fans are highly encouraged to check out his last feature, the reader-approved On the Shelf.
Written by richard on 05/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shining (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.