Johnny Spanish has a lot of love for Brooklyn, where he currently hangs his hat, but a big piece of his heart will always remain in Louisville, Kentucky. On the latest single and title track off his next street album, Español waxes poetic about his Hometown, the only place where he can relax and be fully himself. (He can also smoke a blunt in his whip without the NYPD getting up in his grill—always a plus.) Oliver Stoned mans the boards, backing his verses with a unique blend of piano chords and siren-esque synths. Spanish’s Home mixtape is slated to drop digitally June 25. In the meantime, fans are highly encouraged to check out his last feature, the reader-approved On the Shelf.
Written by richard on 05/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shining (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.