Though Johnny Spanish‘s first Booth feature, Shining (Remix), found him flowing alongside Southern stalwarts Nappy Roots, the Louisville, Kentucky native proved perfectly able to hold his own, showcasing skills that’d make most up-and-comers look like Got’ Damn Shames. On his latest single, Español ’ drives the point home, informing his peers that, try as they might, they’ll never be able to touch his mic-rocking abilities or his hard-partying lifestyle. Block Beattaz ’ bombastic, brass-driven boardwork sets a fittingly swaggerriffic mood as Johnny exercises his sung-rapped flow, focusing on the time-tested topics of weed, whips, and cash. On the middle verse, T-Razor jumps on board to provide the headliner a little moral support in his battle against wackness – as he puts it, “The game needs change, so I’m here to murder lames.” Johnny Spanish’s latest full-length has yet to receive a title or solid drop date. As always, though, those who like what they’re hearing can keep their browsers locked on the Booth for all the latest!
Written by richard on 08/15/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shining (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.