Though Johnny Spanish‘s first Booth feature, Shining (Remix), found him flowing alongside Southern stalwarts Nappy Roots, the Louisville, Kentucky native proved perfectly able to hold his own, showcasing skills that’d make most up-and-comers look like Got’ Damn Shames. On his latest single, Español ’ drives the point home, informing his peers that, try as they might, they’ll never be able to touch his mic-rocking abilities or his hard-partying lifestyle. Block Beattaz ’ bombastic, brass-driven boardwork sets a fittingly swaggerriffic mood as Johnny exercises his sung-rapped flow, focusing on the time-tested topics of weed, whips, and cash. On the middle verse, T-Razor jumps on board to provide the headliner a little moral support in his battle against wackness – as he puts it, “The game needs change, so I’m here to murder lames.” Johnny Spanish’s latest full-length has yet to receive a title or solid drop date. As always, though, those who like what they’re hearing can keep their browsers locked on the Booth for all the latest!
Written by richard on 08/15/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shining (Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)