Johnny Rain‘s Lullaby of Machine street album, released in February via The DJBooth, found the singer/songwriter and beatsmith combining the brooding vibes of contemporary alt-R&B with electronic influences to forge a style he calls “avant-electro.” Though his approach was unconventional, its results were Stellar, as evidenced by the rave reader reviews that greeted the set’s release. That adjective also happens to apply to his latest feature, a promo single currently unattached to any larger project. As always, Rain handles both vocal and production duties; over his own moody, understated acoustic-guitar backdrop, he serenades a woman in his life, celebrating her myriad charms even as he laments her frustrating complexities. Is Stellar as fresh as its lofty title suggests? If you’re leaning toward the affirmative, then you can keep it locked to our front page for further news and tunes from this talented up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 07/31/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)