Craving some music that’s a little different from the status quo… Something New, Maybe? Johnny Rain‘s got you covered. Not featured in the Booth since November, when he dropped off his reader-acclaimed Villain street album, the Southern Californian singer/songwriter returns to kick off his 2014 with this plaintive ballad, a loosie unattached to any forthcoming set. Here, Rain handles both vocal and production duties, crafting a deliberate, piano-led backdrop for poetic lines addressed to an estranged girl. On the chorus, he emphasizes just how devastated he would be to lose her: “Boom—that would be the bomb strapped to my heart.” As mentioned above, this joint isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Johnny Rain’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/20/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.