Craving some music that’s a little different from the status quo… Something New, Maybe? Johnny Rain‘s got you covered. Not featured in the Booth since November, when he dropped off his reader-acclaimed Villain street album, the Southern Californian singer/songwriter returns to kick off his 2014 with this plaintive ballad, a loosie unattached to any forthcoming set. Here, Rain handles both vocal and production duties, crafting a deliberate, piano-led backdrop for poetic lines addressed to an estranged girl. On the chorus, he emphasizes just how devastated he would be to lose her: “Boom—that would be the bomb strapped to my heart.” As mentioned above, this joint isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Johnny Rain’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/20/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.