Craving some music that’s a little different from the status quo… Something New, Maybe? Johnny Rain‘s got you covered. Not featured in the Booth since November, when he dropped off his reader-acclaimed Villain street album, the Southern Californian singer/songwriter returns to kick off his 2014 with this plaintive ballad, a loosie unattached to any forthcoming set. Here, Rain handles both vocal and production duties, crafting a deliberate, piano-led backdrop for poetic lines addressed to an estranged girl. On the chorus, he emphasizes just how devastated he would be to lose her: “Boom—that would be the bomb strapped to my heart.” As mentioned above, this joint isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Johnny Rain’s plans as further details emerge.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.