Craving some music that’s a little different from the status quo… Something New, Maybe? Johnny Rain‘s got you covered. Not featured in the Booth since November, when he dropped off his reader-acclaimed Villain street album, the Southern Californian singer/songwriter returns to kick off his 2014 with this plaintive ballad, a loosie unattached to any forthcoming set. Here, Rain handles both vocal and production duties, crafting a deliberate, piano-led backdrop for poetic lines addressed to an estranged girl. On the chorus, he emphasizes just how devastated he would be to lose her: “Boom—that would be the bomb strapped to my heart.” As mentioned above, this joint isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Johnny Rain’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/20/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)