Craving some music that’s a little different from the status quo… Something New, Maybe? Johnny Rain‘s got you covered. Not featured in the Booth since November, when he dropped off his reader-acclaimed Villain street album, the Southern Californian singer/songwriter returns to kick off his 2014 with this plaintive ballad, a loosie unattached to any forthcoming set. Here, Rain handles both vocal and production duties, crafting a deliberate, piano-led backdrop for poetic lines addressed to an estranged girl. On the chorus, he emphasizes just how devastated he would be to lose her: “Boom—that would be the bomb strapped to my heart.” As mentioned above, this joint isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Johnny Rain’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/20/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.