I’ve yet to visit Los Angeles but, based on the work of David Lynch, I have an image of Mulholland Drive as a street where eerie, unsettling sh*t happens to beautiful people. Tricky Stewart signee Johnny Rain does nothing to change that impression with Mulholland Drive, My Abyss, the latest single off his forthcoming full-length. The follow-up to last September’s LLWH, this experimental, seven-minute cut finds Rain drawing on the full range of his musical talents. Over his own atmospheric production work, the artist recounts a love affair set in a louche, shadowy version of the Hollywood Hills. For this avant-garde burner and much more, cop Johnny Rain’s Lullaby of Machine LP, when it drops on February 12, aka Valentine’s Day.
Written by richard on 01/23/13
Thanks in part to artists like Frank Ocean and The Weeknd, modern day R&B has a brand new sound and style. Just ask singer/songwriter/producer Johnny Rain, whose brand new work is described by the artist himself as...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)