I’ve yet to visit Los Angeles but, based on the work of David Lynch, I have an image of Mulholland Drive as a street where eerie, unsettling sh*t happens to beautiful people. Tricky Stewart signee Johnny Rain does nothing to change that impression with Mulholland Drive, My Abyss, the latest single off his forthcoming full-length. The follow-up to last September’s LLWH, this experimental, seven-minute cut finds Rain drawing on the full range of his musical talents. Over his own atmospheric production work, the artist recounts a love affair set in a louche, shadowy version of the Hollywood Hills. For this avant-garde burner and much more, cop Johnny Rain’s Lullaby of Machine LP, when it drops on February 12, aka Valentine’s Day.
Written by richard on 01/23/13
Thanks in part to artists like Frank Ocean and The Weeknd, modern day R&B has a brand new sound and style. Just ask singer/songwriter/producer Johnny Rain, whose brand new work is described by the artist himself as...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.