I’ve yet to visit Los Angeles but, based on the work of David Lynch, I have an image of Mulholland Drive as a street where eerie, unsettling sh*t happens to beautiful people. Tricky Stewart signee Johnny Rain does nothing to change that impression with Mulholland Drive, My Abyss, the latest single off his forthcoming full-length. The follow-up to last September’s LLWH, this experimental, seven-minute cut finds Rain drawing on the full range of his musical talents. Over his own atmospheric production work, the artist recounts a love affair set in a louche, shadowy version of the Hollywood Hills. For this avant-garde burner and much more, cop Johnny Rain’s Lullaby of Machine LP, when it drops on February 12, aka Valentine’s Day.
Written by richard on 01/23/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.