I’ve yet to visit Los Angeles but, based on the work of David Lynch, I have an image of Mulholland Drive as a street where eerie, unsettling sh*t happens to beautiful people. Tricky Stewart signee Johnny Rain does nothing to change that impression with Mulholland Drive, My Abyss, the latest single off his forthcoming full-length. The follow-up to last September’s LLWH, this experimental, seven-minute cut finds Rain drawing on the full range of his musical talents. Over his own atmospheric production work, the artist recounts a love affair set in a louche, shadowy version of the Hollywood Hills. For this avant-garde burner and much more, cop Johnny Rain’s Lullaby of Machine LP, when it drops on February 12, aka Valentine’s Day.
Written by richard on 01/23/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.