In late July, we heard Tulsa, Oklahoma phenom Johnny Polygon ponder his own mortality on the moody, yet enlightening You’re Never Too Old to Die Young. His latest promo cut, The Weather Report, shares its predecessor’s philosophical subject matter and hazy vibe, but this time around the artist’s reflections are a bit more upbeat. Accompanied by the ethereal synth boardwork of frequent collaborator YOG$ (who also produced TIMO‘s Shine On, featured today), Polygon reminds us that “life’s a great mystery” and urges us to “appreciate the misery and the joy, boy!” Has this thoughtful loosie left you craving more? Then stay tuned; Johnny doesn’t currently have any forthcoming projects on the agenda, but we’ll keep you posted on his plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/29/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Been Runnin'" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.