In late July, we heard Tulsa, Oklahoma phenom Johnny Polygon ponder his own mortality on the moody, yet enlightening You’re Never Too Old to Die Young. His latest promo cut, The Weather Report, shares its predecessor’s philosophical subject matter and hazy vibe, but this time around the artist’s reflections are a bit more upbeat. Accompanied by the ethereal synth boardwork of frequent collaborator YOG$ (who also produced TIMO‘s Shine On, featured today), Polygon reminds us that “life’s a great mystery” and urges us to “appreciate the misery and the joy, boy!” Has this thoughtful loosie left you craving more? Then stay tuned; Johnny doesn’t currently have any forthcoming projects on the agenda, but we’ll keep you posted on his plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/29/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Been Runnin'" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.