In late July, we heard Tulsa, Oklahoma phenom Johnny Polygon ponder his own mortality on the moody, yet enlightening You’re Never Too Old to Die Young. His latest promo cut, The Weather Report, shares its predecessor’s philosophical subject matter and hazy vibe, but this time around the artist’s reflections are a bit more upbeat. Accompanied by the ethereal synth boardwork of frequent collaborator YOG$ (who also produced TIMO‘s Shine On, featured today), Polygon reminds us that “life’s a great mystery” and urges us to “appreciate the misery and the joy, boy!” Has this thoughtful loosie left you craving more? Then stay tuned; Johnny doesn’t currently have any forthcoming projects on the agenda, but we’ll keep you posted on his plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/29/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Been Runnin'" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Childish Gambino - STN MTN
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.