In late July, we heard Tulsa, Oklahoma phenom Johnny Polygon ponder his own mortality on the moody, yet enlightening You’re Never Too Old to Die Young. His latest promo cut, The Weather Report, shares its predecessor’s philosophical subject matter and hazy vibe, but this time around the artist’s reflections are a bit more upbeat. Accompanied by the ethereal synth boardwork of frequent collaborator YOG$ (who also produced TIMO‘s Shine On, featured today), Polygon reminds us that “life’s a great mystery” and urges us to “appreciate the misery and the joy, boy!” Has this thoughtful loosie left you craving more? Then stay tuned; Johnny doesn’t currently have any forthcoming projects on the agenda, but we’ll keep you posted on his plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/29/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Been Runnin'" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.