As those familiar with his Booth debut, I Been Runnin’, are already aware, Johnny Polygon has absolutely no interest in setting a good example for the young and impressionable. If the newly-released That’s You is any indication, though, the Tulsa-bred rapper makes up in honesty what he lacks in, well, a few other virtues. Over a minimal, percussion-driven instrumental by Picnic Tyme, Polygon proclaims, “I’m real ‘bout what I do and even more what I don’t,” and proceeds to back that up with a few surprising admissions (he couldn’t care less about fashion, he didn’t drink till he was 22), and some excellent advice for any kids who might be listening: in regard to peer pressure, “If it ain’t your idea, then you’ll probably get caught.” Though the sparse beat and hook might not be everyone’s cup of tea, you have to admit that, lyrically, JP’s as real as they come. That’s You is set for inclusion on the forthcoming Wolf in Cheap Clothing mixtape, and fans can also look forward to Polygon’s contribution to our exclusive freestyle series.
Listen to More: Johnny Polygon Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Been Runnin'" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.